Christmas Meal Timing Plan 🎄
Getting your food timings and prep right for Christmas Day can be stressful, so I have put this foolproof time plan together so you can get Christmas lunch on the table without getting flustered.
- Stuff the turkey. Roll the rest of the stuffing into balls. Make the pigs in blankets. Chill both.
- Put the blinis and sauces into the fridge to defrost overnight
- Blanch the sprouts and orange zest, boil the carrots; cool and chill
- Lay the table
- 6am -Take the stuffed turkey out of the fridge so it comes to room temperature before roasting. The sauces, gravadlax and blinis can be kept in a cool place, out of the fridge, too. Then go back to bed!
- 9am Roast the turkey
- Blanch the potatoes, ready to roast
- Put the cranberry sauce and brandy butter into serving dishes
- 12.30pm Increase the oven temperature to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Take out the cooked turkey, transfer to a carving board, cover with foil and rest
- Roast the potatoes
- Bake the stuffing balls
- Reheat the bread sauce
- Make the gravy
- Finish the sprouts and carrots
- 1pm Serve the blinis topped with the soured cream, gravadlax and dill. Put the Christmas pudding on to steam
- 1.30pm Serve the roast turkey with trimmings and vegetables
- 3pm Serve the Christmas pudding with the brandy butter
5pm Chill out!