Get involved with Sourdough September!
The ninth month is when the Real Bread Campaign helps you to discover that: Life’s sweeter with sourdough! It’s sweet to tweet about #SourdoughSeptember
Since 2013, the ninth month of the year has been when the Real Bread Campaign goes on a mission to help everyone discover that: life’s sweeter with sourdough!
The aims of #SourdoughSeptember are to:
- Share the delicious delights of genuine sourdough
- Encourage more people to bake genuine sourdough
- Celebrate the small, independent bakeries that bake genuine sourdough
- Alert people to the issue of sourfaux to help people avoid paying a premium for something that just isn’t genuine sourdough
- Encourage people to join and/or donate to the Real Bread Campaign
How to get involved
From 1-30 September, Real Bread bakers and other fermentalists worldwide are encouraged to organise their own local events and activities to help share sourdough secrets and demystify the delicious delights of the oldest way of raising a loaf.
Bakeries, baking schools, mills and other organisations/enterprises are encouraged to organise events/activities designed to meet one or more of the aims above in any way that works for them.
Here are some more ideas of activities bakeries, baking schools and others can organise:
- Run sourdough Real Bread or pizza classes
- Put on a Sourdough September special loaf
- Give away free pots of your sourdough starter to customers, along with a Real Bread recipe to make at home
- Add an optional donation (eg 50p-¬£1) to our charity onto customers‚bills – perhaps limit this to the special, other nominated sourdough loaf (or pizza), or the pots of starter
- Join forces with local brewers, charcutiers, picklers, cheese makers for a feast of fermentation
- Host a sourdough toast and tea morning
In case you don’t have one at home, here is a link to a sourdough recipe, why not give it a go! https://www.sustainweb.org/realbread/bake/jan19_simple_sourdough_starter/
We currently cover the South East of England and create affordable and bespoke kitchen design with you, for you. Call 0333 772 6188 or email email@example.com. Get in touch to find out how we can create your dream kitchen.