For the Pastry
- 200g Plain Flour
- 110g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 65g caster sugar
- 1/4tsp fine salt
For the filling
- 200ml whipping cream
- 2tsp icing sugar
- 1/2-2 tsp rose water (optional)
- 200g thick whole milk yoghurt
- About 500g ripe strawberries
- 4tbsp redcurrant jelly or smooth jam (optional)
- Pull all pastry ingredients in a food processor and whizz until they look like damp ground almonds.
- Tip into a loose bottomed shallow tart tin (approx.25cm wide).
- Spread out and press with a mug or glass until you have a pastry case.
- Put into the freezer for about 15 minutes until it is firm.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 180C.
- After 15 minutes prick the base all over with a fork and bake for 20-25 minutes until it is lightly golden.
- Allow it to cool in the tin, then gently transfer to a serving plate.
- When the case is cool, whip the cream to soft peaks, adding the sugar and the rose water towards the end of the process.
- Fold in the yoghurt, taste and add more sugar or flavouring if required.
- Spoon into the tart case and smooth.
- Hull the strawberries and cut into quarters or sixths if large.
- Arrange them by pointing them upwards in concentric circles.
- Heat the jelly in a small pan until liquid.
- Brush the liquid over the fruit and leave to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.